Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Weekend in Ocean City

Amy and I were planning on leaving last Friday night to go to Ocean City for the weekend. Well, as luck would have it, my second day of work lasted for about 18 hours and I didn’t get home until almost two in the morning on Saturday. Alex was so excited to go to the beach, and I wanted to spend a nice anniversary with Amy so, we woke up a few hours later, hopped in the car (Amy had already packed for us) and drove to Ocean City anyway.

Amy, Alex, I, Robin, Aaron, and my mother all met in Ocean Pines and we went to the beach for the day together. Aaron loved the ocean, he couldn’t seem to get enough of it, Alex on the other hand, was a little scared of the waves, and he really enjoyed playing on the sand though. We ate pizza and Thrashers fries on the beach for lunch. Some time later, I guess after the sunscreen had faded and we started burning a little, we went to the board walk to get the kids ice cream cones. Robin had promised Alex an ice cream cone, and that is all he could talk about. Alex would say, “Aunt Robin take me to the beach and get ice cream!” Robin also insisted on getting the kids hermit crabs, which we didn’t think Alex would like, but he surprised us.

Amy and I went out to dinner by ourselves that night, leaving Alex with my mother. As we did on our honeymoon, we went to Waterman’s crab house and ate all you can eat crabs. Amy picked and ate 18 crabs, while I ate mostly shrimp and steamed snow crab legs. What can I say, I like the easy stuff. It was a great evening for both of us.

Sunday Morning, well, that is a post!

No comments: