Wednesday, June 24, 2009

South Carolina Governor: Mark Sanford

So, I had a bit of a blog entry started about Mark Sanford, the South Carolina Governor who disappeared for a few days and his staff said he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. I had written a lot about the trail, but I’ll save that text for something else, but I’ll focus on the other part of what I wanted to say.

Everybody seems to be complaining that the governor didn’t leave anyone in charge while he was gone, to which my thought was, are the leaders of South Carolina that incompetent that they can’t made good decisions while the governor is away for a few days? I don’t know, all the hoopla over this (before we found out what he was really doing) seems so over the top. What could possibly happen that wouldn’t be taken care of by the appropriate person? Wait, they weren’t planning to secede again, were they? What this is, are politicians trying to find some fault where there really isn’t one.

Now that the truth is out, well, it’s going to be an even bigger circus, and unfortunately, they are going to use a silly argument that everyone in the state along with all the kittens and puppies could have died if X Y & Z had happened while the governor was away doing his affair thing.

No comments: