Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kid Cuisine & Hungry Man

You know, if I wasn’t married to Amy, I would probably think this stuff tastes good. But compared to Amy's cooking, my meal last night sucked.

Alex's birthday was yesterday and he was able to choose anything he wanted for his birthday dinner. His choice, a Kid Cuisine prepared meal. I don't know where he got the idea that this stuff is eatable, but that is another story, maybe he is watching too much TV. Ok, no problem, I was just going to get them for the kids, and Amy and I would have something good to eat. Well, Amy was sick and didn't want to eat, so while I was at the store, I figured I'd grab myself the Hungry Man turkey dinner meal that was right above the Kid Cuisine. Yeah, big mistake. I thought it would be a good idea because they cooked in the oven at the same temperature, with the Hungry Man taking about 10 minutes longer, perfect timing for getting the childrens' meals in front of them once they are done.

It wasn't all bad, the apple cranberry dessert tasted great, and the corn, once copious amounts of salt and butter were added was good too. I added a little salt and butter to the childrens' corn too. They really seemed to enjoy their meals, and as much as I don't like the thought of it, they might be a good thing to keep around, especially since we have a couple of coupons for them now.

No comments: