Friday, July 08, 2005

War of the Worlds

Amy and I saw War of the Worlds yesterday. I was expecting a little more, but I thought it was good. We couldn’t help but notice the similarities between this movie and Independence day, basically, if you strip all the details, they are the same movie, even the aliens looked the same. I did like War of the Worlds a little better; it actually had a more “realistic” ending, if you could use such a word when referring to an alien invasion movie. Having no prior exposure to War of the Worlds, I didn’t know what to expect, so, it seemed get a little boring and repetitive about two thirds of the way through. But once they started killing them off (and they started dying on their own), it got good again. I missed a couple of minutes of the movie about half way through, it was quite cold in the theatre and I drank a lot of coke, so, I had to hit the rest room :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about the movie. I was expecting more. It seemed to bog down when they were trapped in the basement w/ Tim Robbins.