Sunday, September 05, 2004

Windows XP SP2

My mother decided to install Windows XP SP2 this morning. She called me up with all kinds of problems. First, every time she would start her computer, it would give her program crash (send error report). Internet Explorer would not start, it would crash right away, AIM wouldn’t start, Yahoo messenger wouldn’t start, and it was driving her crazy. I tried to talk her through a few things on the phone, no luck. I stopped over there before I picked up Andrew for the Labor day holiday. I was not able to figure it out either. I haven’t installed SP2 yet for that exact reason, I know it will break things, and I want to have plenty of time to fix it. I will probably install SP2 on Amy’s computer first, not because I’m mean, but because her computer is a new install of XP with no programs installed yet, hence nothing to cause any problems. I guess we will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I uninstalled SP2, and now everything is working OK. ---Mom