Wednesday, February 04, 2009

DTV - WTF?

So, congress just passed a bill to postpone the date where television broadcast stations had to turn off their analog transmitters from February 17, 2009 to June 12, 2009. We have endured two years of constant advertising about the DTV switch on February 17. I was really looking forward to never seeing them again. I have cable, so I really don't care one bit. I as thinking about getting one of those boxes just in case I went broke one day and needed to get TV over the air, but I never did. I really don't know what good congress expects to come from this delay. I seriously doubt that anyone who gets their television signals over the air doesn't know about the DTV switch. I doubt that anyone who isn't ready now would be ready four months from now. This is a prime example of why congress has such a low approval rating.

No comments: