Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kulhi Loaches Love to Hide

I've never seen all five kuhli loaches at the same time, and they aren't easy to photograph. They are great little fish though. Not only are they nice to look at, but they do a pretty good job keeping food from settling at the bottom of the tank.



Kuhli loaches also have a low bio load for their length, so you can have several of them without worrying too much about how they will impact the tank's biology. In fact, since the kuhli loach is sort of a social fish, you should always have four or five to keep them happy.



I should note that I don't have the best tank bottom for kuhli loaches. While I have plenty of places for them to hide, my gravel is much larger than they would like. Kuhli loaces do better in fine gravel or sand.

No comments: