Thursday, August 12, 2004

Fire Drill

It has been a while since I’ve had a fire drill, but this company prides itself on safety, and fire drills are the norm. Today, I hear this strange noise, and I was trying to figure out what it was, and hear someone say fire alarm. Ok, must be a fire drill, because the building isn’t on fire as far as I can tell. On our way out, I notice that it is a slight drizzle, and a co-worker who used to live in Oregon said, this is like Oregon rain. Then, the sky’s opened up, and it started pouring down rain. What fun, we made for the nearest tree, it protected us a little but it didn’t seem like that much until the sounded the all clear and we headed for the door. Yes, it was really raining hard and heavy. To top it off, it is very cold in our office, so now, I’m wet, and cold. Fortunately that cold office temperature forced me to wear a jacket most of the time, and I had it on when I went outside. I must say, I fared a little better than some of my coworkers.

No comments: