Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Computer Speakers

I’m such a cheapskate, I didn’t order speakers with my computer. I remember having several sets of speakers at some point, but it seems that I am down to just one set. Since Amy had a laptop, she didn’t use speakers. When I got my new computer, Amy got my old computer and I hooked the speakers up for her. Now, I’m soundless. I’ve been meaning to swing by best buy and pick up a set of speakers, but it has slipped my mind every time, until I get home and don’t feel like going out anymore. I should also get some decent headphones. I often disturb Amy’s TV watching with some hard core gaming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a pair of Bose speakers. They are pricy but they are great. Many people will tell you that Bose means no highs and no lows, which is true with some of their stereo speakers without a subwoofer (I've got 303s) but these computer speakers with a subwoofer are great. The only problem I had was that I could hear interference all over the place because of the fidelity. My old speakers just wouldn't reproduce the interference. Turns out five video cards in a machine will make some noise.

The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro took care of that, but now I wish I had gotten that first then a 7.1 or 6.1 digital speaker set to go with it. Oh well.