Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Frustration at Work

So many things have to happen before I can do my job of deploying new Outlook Web Access Exchange Servers by the end of the year. The servers had to be ordered and built by the server group, the web team has to configure IIS with a SSL certificate, I actually have to install Exchange 2003, the network team has to configure the load balancer, firewall, and external DNS, and finally, we have to test it all to make sure it works. So far, the server has been ordered, although the order was delayed a few weeks, two of the four the servers have been built and the operating system installed, again, delayed a week for some unknown reason. The other two are in limbo. The SSL certificate has not been loaded, however I was able to install Exchange 2003 without it, but it really can’t be configured properly without SSL. I also have to implement some sort of CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) authentication to help prevent DOS (Denial of Service) attacks on our user accounts. I have a proof of concept, but I can’t test that without SSL either because it will have to be integrated in the OWA forms based authentication screen, which requires SSL. Basically, the last few days at work have been spent trying to get around areas where jobs have not been completed by other groups, or simply waiting for something to get done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe
would you mind share your captcha owa experience? I'm also a bit frustrated and need to do the same!

Joseph Durnal said...

Well, I'd need to know how to get in touch with you. You can e-mail me via cryptojoe2600 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

-- Joe

Anonymous said...

Joe
I sent you an email. Did you get it?