Friday, November 26, 2004

More Civilization III

I started up my Civ III game again. My best ally, the Ottomans turned against me. They were the second strongest civ in the game, next to me of course. I made quick work of them and cast them off into irrelevance. I took to many cities though, and couldn’t defend them properly. I ended up giving most of them away to the Germans, my other closest ally. Somehow, I was at war with the Babylonians but I didn’t realize it, and the Germans had a mutual protection pact. So, the Germans, a good ally and I ended up at war. I settled that quickly and ended both wars. The Germans are pretty strong, they are catching up to me in technology and strength. They are my friends again, it took some gold and luxury resources to make them happy. At this point, I’m going to hold in defense and let the smaller civs fight it out. I’m enjoying this game. I need to thin out some population though, I have a few areas on my continent (yes I have a continent) that aren’t covered, I’ll build a few cities in those areas and wait for the Germans to attack, I’m sure they will.

For now though, Amy and I are going to play a game together.

1 comment:

j&c said...

I had to delete the game from my computer and have my husband hide it from me ;) I did win on the 2nd highest level before that happened though, yeah :D I did like all the micromanaging involved.

I found the secret to that level though: when you place your cities, move your settler like a knight in chess: 2 over and 1 up. You get maximum coverage with minimal overlap.

I think allies turn against you when you're doing so well that the computer gets bored ;) Hmmm... never tried giving cities away. I might just have to one of these days....

Have fun!