Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Frederick County Public Library

It has been a while since I actually used a public library, but a few months ago, I needed to make a photo copy, the cheapest place was the library. Amy, Alex, and I all went together and got library cards at the same time. Since then, Alex and I have gone to the library a few times to get books. We had one book for a while, and I got an e-mail from the library telling me that it was going to be due in a few days. That was pretty cool. The three of us went to the library yesterday to return the book and of course, check out another. I was thrilled to get an e-mail, telling me that the book was due. Without it, I might have forgotten all about returning the book.

One thing that I didn’t like was my experience using their computer system. I needed to print out a job application and my printer didn’t have any ink. I thought, I’ll just run down to the library and print it out. Wrong, their computers did not have Microsoft Word. Now, I understand that Word is an expensive program, but it is used just about everywhere. My suggestion would be that if you are not going to have Microsoft Word, at least load up the free Word Viewer, since there are millions of Word documents out there on the internet, a quick Google search shows about 4 million documents starting with the letter E, you’d think you’d be able to view those at the library.

No comments: