Thursday, June 30, 2005

Supreme Court Decision on Eminent Domain

So I’m a little late with my comments on this one. I’ve made it clear on my local news forum that I disagree with the decision and that if anything, eminent domain should be more restricted. What brings this back to mind is my blog surfing. You’d be surprised how many people have been placing the blame on “Republicans” and “Conservatives”. Clearly, they have not read the decision, or if they have, they don’t have a clue. The opinion was 5-4, with the four dissenting justices being the most conservative on the court, all Republicans appointed by Republican presidents. I hope I won’t have to read another blog or forum thread talking about Bush’s nominations, and how it will make this sort of things worse, but I doubt it.

No comments: