Friday, January 30, 2009

24 First Season: Two Discs Down

Well, I couldn’t really wait until the weekend to start watching season one of 24. It is an interesting season, but I bet it would have been better if I would have seen it before seeing later seasons. Kiefer Sutherland looks much more like he did back in the 80’s in the first season! So far I’ve seen eight episodes, which are on the first two of six discs.

The plot line is pretty good though, although it is clearly lower budget and the writing isn’t quite as good as what I’ve seen for seasons five and six. I’m not finding the writing of season seven to be as good as the previous two. But we are only a few hours into it, so it has a chance to get better. I think the hard choice for me will be to decide what DVD set to get next. I really want to see season four, because when I started watching at season five, they referred back to season four a lot. But once I’ve seen season one, I might change my mind.

No comments: